This year, we registered for the Komen Race for the Cure because we want just that - a cure. On December 14, 2015, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had to receive 16 chemo treatments, four of the "red devil" and twelve of a cocktail of Taxol and Herceptin. I had a bilateral mastectomy in June and am currently going through the reconstructive process. I will have a second surgery in November and will continue to receive Herceptin treatments until March 2017. My journey is not over yet.
Please consider joining our team and walking with us, or making a tax-deductible donation today in support of our fundraising efforts.
You can donate online with your credit card by clicking the button above my fundraising thermometer.
Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75% of the money raised through the Race stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% supports groundbreaking breast cancer research. Together, we are fueling the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer and we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. Will you please join us in this fight by making a donation today?
During this entire journey, we have felt so much love and support and are overwhelmed by the thoughts, prayers and actions of so many! We appreciate your support and even more, your words of hope and encouragement.